“Temple Terrace has a gently rolling landscape, known for its magnificent live oaks.”
Temple Terrace is a picturesque city with palm lined streets and manicured lawns. A city staff of 300 and many volunteers put in countless hours to maintain the quiet lifestyle and superior public services within the city.
Temple Terrace was recently estimated to have a population of just over 22,000, growing at a rate of about 7 percent per year.
Located in northeaster Florida, adjacent to Tampa, Temple Terrace has a gently rolling landscape, known for its magnificent live oaks. The third smallest incorporated city in Hillsborough County, it offers a quiet, relaxing lifestyle for its residents.
One of the first planned golf communities in the U.S., it maintains an air of history few towns can claim.
Median Household Income: $44,508
Median Age: 35
Like much of the Tampa Bay area, Temple Terrace enjoys a humid, subtropical climate with 56.6 inches of annual rainfall.
Hillsborough County School District – Hillsborough Public Schools< 901 East Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, Florida 801-272-4000The University of South Florida is located just around the corner from Temple Terrace. A community in and of itself with enrollment of more than 46,000 students, it's the ninth largest university in the U.S. USF offers a complete curriculum of courses along with Army, Navy and Air Force ROTC programs.Florida College is a private liberal arts college housed in some of Temple Terrace's oldest buildings.Attractions and Recreation
Temple Terrace provides many recreational options for its residents through community recreation centers, parks and tennis facilities. Residents can cool off in one of the five public pools.
Scout Park offers mulched hiking trails and a nature preserve in its 15-acres while Riverhills Park is 34-acres of paradise. Enjoy the water with a boat ramp and dock, watch the kids play on the playground or catch a game of tennis all at Riverhills Park.
Its close proximity to Tampa allows residents of Temple Terrace to enjoy Tampa’s many amusement parks, aquariums, theaters and museums.
The 31-acre Eureka Springs Park is Hillsborough County’s only botanical garden; and the Museum of Science and Industry, MOSI, is located near the Tampa – Temple Terrace boundary line.
TAMPA BAY AREA PROFESSIONAL SPORTS
National Football League Tampa Bay Buccaneers
National Hockey League Tampa Bay Lightening
Major League Baseball Tampa Bay Rays
Minor League Baseball Tampa Yankees
Arena Football Tampa Bay Storm<COMMERCE
Greater Temple Terrace Chamber of Commerce
9385 North 56th St, Temple Terrace, FL 33617
Temple Terrace occupations:
- Management, professional and related occupations – 5,057
- Service occupations – 1,091
- Sales and office occupations – 3,547
- Farming, fishing and forestry occupations – 15
- Construction, extraction, and maintenance occupations – 559
- Production, transportation, and material moving occupations – 689<
Temple Terrace Industries:
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing, hunting, and mining – 44
- Construction – 435
- Manufacturing – 529
- Wholesale Trade – 528
- Retail Trade – 1,354
- Transportation, warehousing, and utilities – 368
- Information – 647
- Finance, insurance, real estate, and rental and leasing – 1,220
- Professional, scientific, management, administrative, and waste management services – 1,384
- Educational, health and social services – 2,698
- Arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation, and food services – 871
- Other services (except public administration) – 438
- Public Administration – 442
A few major employers of Hillsborough County:
- Hillsborough County School District
- Verizon Communications
- MacDill Air Force BaseUniversity of South Florida
- Hillsborough County Government
- Tampa International Airport
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- JPMorgan Chase
- Verizon Information Technologies
Temple Terrace, Florida
Hillsborough County is the major metropolitan complex of Florida’s Gulf Coast. This is an important shipping center due to the deep waters of Tampa Bay. There are many, many communities in Hillsborough County, but only three incorporated cities including Plant City, Tampa, and Temple Terrace.
Hillsborough County, Florida is midway along Florida’s West Coast. There are 1,048 square miles of land and 24 square miles of inland water area for a total of 1,072 square miles.
The unincorporated area encompasses 909 square miles, or more than 84 percent of the total county area. Municipalities account for 163 square miles.