“With an above average lifestyle and below average crime rate, New Tampa offers a place to relax and enjoy life while keeping the big city in sight.”
Acres upon beautiful acres of master-planned communities; a setting only Mother Nature could design; a place so rich in activity venues the community comes alive in the morning and pleasantly hums through the evening – this is New Tampa. Your family will love it here.
New Tampa is a 24 square-mile area within Tampa City limits and property in unincorporated Hillsborough. Annexed by Tampa in 1988, New Tampa has grown quickly. The growth hasn’t hampered the lifestyle those in New Tampa have become accustomed to, however.
New Tampa boasts numerous golf courses and lakes in a quiet suburban setting with upper class living.
Money Magazine’s list of America’s “Best Small Cities” as reported on CNNMoney.com detailed the many recreational activities in the Tampa area including those that serve and support the New Tampa area:
- 28 movie theaters
- 4,518 restaurants
- 488 bars
- 376 public golf courses
- 81 libraries
- 9 museums accredited by the American Association of Museums
New Tampa shares in the humid, subtropical climate of Tampa with temperatures ranging from 65 to 95 degrees and an average yearly rainfall of 46.3 inches.
Median Household Income: $66,719
Median Age: 43.6
Hillsborough County School District – Hillsborough Public Schools
901 East Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, Florida (801) 272-4000
The School District of Hillsborough County (which services most of New Tampa) was designated a Blue Ribbon District in the 12th annual Expansion Management Magazine report card of the nation’s best public schools in 2002, according to the New Tampa Community Council website.
“The school district also boasts nine national Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence, of which two have received the honor twice. Of particular distinction, this district was the only one to receive two American School Board Magna Awards from among more than 400 entrees during the most recent competition.”
The following institutions of higher learning serve more than 2,000 students each and are located near Thonotosassa, Florida.
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida
- University of Tampa, Tampa, Florida<
- Saint Leo University, St. Leo, Florida
- Travis Career Center, Lakeland, Florida
- Pasco-Hernando Community College, Newport Richey, Florida
- Polk Community College, Winter Haven, Florida
- New Tampa residents are close to several major airports including the Tampa International Airport and the St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport.
- They also have access to the Tampa mass transit services and the Port of Tampa
Attractions and Recreation:
- City parks and numerous beaches within driving distance
- Tennis courts and golf courses
- Amusement parks, aquariums, museums and theaters within minutes including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, and the Florida Aquarium
Arts and Entertainment:
- New Tampa enjoys World-class events in the nearby Tampa Performing Arts Center with its five theaters, performing arts conservatory, rehearsal hall, boutique and restaurants
- Tampa Theatre is Tampa’s only non-profit theater, listed in the National Register for Historic American Places
- Gasparilla Pirate Festival, the Mardi Gras of Tampa
- Outback Bowl, held at the Raymond James Stadium New Years Day
- Florida State Fair, held mid-February, about 400,000 people attend this event
With an above average lifestyle and below average crime rate, New Tampa offers a place to relax and enjoy life while keeping the big city in sight.
TAMPA BAY AREA PROFESSIONAL SPORTS
National Football League Tampa Bay Buccaneers
National Hockey League Tampa Bay Lightening
Major League Baseball Tampa Bay Rays
Minor League Baseball Tampa Yankees
Arena Football Tampa Bay Storm
Greater Seffner Area Chamber of Commerce
11816 US Hwy 92 East, Seffner, Fl
P.O. Box 1920, Seffner, Fl 33583-1920
A few major employers of Hillsborough County:
- Hillsborough County School District
- Verizon Communications
- MacDill Air Force Base
- University of South Florida
- Hillsborough County Government
- Tampa International Airport
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- JPMorgan Chase
- Verizon Information Technologies
New Tampa, Florida
Valrico is an unincorporated census-designated place in Hillsborough County, Florida.
Hillsborough County is the major metropolitan complex of Florida’s Gulf Coast. This is an important shipping center due to the deep waters of Tampa Bay. There are many, many communities in Hillsborough County, but only three incorporated cities including Plant City, Tampa, and Temple Terrace.
Hillsborough County, Florida is midway along Florida’s West Coast. There are 1,048 square miles of land and 24 square miles of inland water area for a total of 1,072 square miles.
The unincorporated area encompasses 909 square miles, or more than 84 percent of the total county area. Municipalities account for 163 square miles.